6 reasons to choose Rotterdam:
- Over 20 metres depth, no locks, no tides
- Top container shipping companies use the Port of Rotterdam
- State-of-the-art terminals available 24/7
- Strong position in the refrigerated container market
- Highest number of calls from Asia and Northwest Europe
- Rotterdam biggest transhipment port in Europe
First & last port of call in Europe
Because of its location at the Maas Entrance, the terminals are accessible from sea within a 2-hour sail. The depth of over 20 metres means that shipping companies are able to make maximum use of their vessels. This means that the Port of Rotterdam is also the first and last port of call for the biggest (over 20,000 TEU) container ships. This quickly saves several days on the duration of transport.
Rotterdam has a wide range of high-frequency feeder services. With destinations including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia and the Baltic States. These connections connect seamlessly to the calls from deepsea vessels in the Port of Rotterdam. Some feeder operators combine their services with shortsea shipping, which means that even more departures are possible.
Check Navigate for feeder operators.
Discounts on port dues
The Port Authority offers various discounts on port dues:
• Second call
• Green award
• Environmental Ship Index (ESI)